So, what really can you see on a single day in Yellowstone? So much!
- Old Faithful, obviously. Yes, there are a ton of people. Yes, there are other geysers that are also interesting. But do you want to miss this iconic site? No.
- Drive up to the awesome Fountain Paint Pot. Unless you think mudpots are boring. I think mudpots are awesome. Where else can you see mud splurt , bubble, and burp all over?
- Check out Norris Geyser Basin. In particular, the Porcelain Basin is beautiful, and a great place to take a stroll if you want to stretch your legs.
- The falls. Just beautiful.
- Yellowstone Lake. The views are just stunning, with mountains towering behind the lake. Also, while we didn’t see any, bears are commonly sighted here.
Between these five highlights are beautiful views, lots of geysers that you can pick and choose from, and wildlife! We saw elk and bison on this trip. It took us about 8 hours to do this loop. There also wasn’t traffic, which should be considered during high season.
So even if you don’t have that much time, but you want to see Yellowstone (particularly for those who have been to the park before, do it! It’s a wonderful day-trip from Jackson.
Photos from the day…(some courtesy of dear husband, as I’m cursing my camera that elects to not function properly at opportune moments).